Digital Skills Drop-In Day
Date: 21st September
Location: Hallam i-Lab, Floor 6 Aspect Court, Sheffield Hallam University, City Campus
Join us for our Digital Drop-In day at the Hallam i-Lab. This will be a taught interactive session, running through 5 different topics.
Register your place
10-11 am – SEO
11-12pm – Website Design
1-2pm – Website Optimisation
2-3pm – Browser & GDPR
3-4pm – CMS Integration
This event is a drop-in day at Hallam i-Lab, come and learn about the topics that interest you- come to one or to all.
- SEO 10-11am
- Working with search engines can be puzzling at times, especially if you are wanting to have the top result on the top search engines. This topic will show you how to do smart, safe and efficient searches. Additionally, how to integrate SEO basics into your current solution.
- Web Design 11am-12pm
- Web Design (UX/UI) Designing an intuitive website is never easy, however there are good hints and tips in making your user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) more approachable. This topic will demonstrate and discuss common mistakes, how to correct them and ensuring your site is accessible.
- Web Optimisation 1-2pm
- In 2022, an inefficient website is dismissed very quickly, especially when users have more choice than ever. How do you keep your site growing while being performant? This topic will show you how to check your (and competitors) website and analyse the performance. Check metrics such as site score and utilisation of common analytics.
- Browser & GDPR 2-3pm
- How compliant are you with GDPR? Do you use the cookies your users consent to? Are you aware of what your data is used for when it’s collected? This topic will discuss and demonstrate how to manage your cookies, consent and data from a user and creator perspective.
- CMS Integration Basics 3-4pm
- Have you got a lot of content you upload, edit or consume? If you are considering a Content management system to maintain your content on your website or intranet, this course will discuss CMS basics, common integrations, mistakes and tips toward efficient use.
- Bring a laptop on the day
To qualify for this course, you must be employed in South Yorkshire.
Due to the requirements of our funding body, we will need to collect some information from you. This is to confirm eligibility and employment status, prior to the course enrolment. Registering for this event will be taken as consent for us to contact you for details required to check eligibility.
Should you have any questions prior to the event, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com