Data Analytics: Intermediate
Learn what your role can tell you about your business. This module will help you understand your data and encourage diversifying your resources in a smart way. Changes and techniques learned in this module are applicable on a macro and micro scale. Additionally, If you work with a range of numeric data, there is the potential that more value could be gained from it. Following this you’ll be able to understand what useful information might lie within your data based upon statistical properties.
In this module you will learn about the principles of raw data, how to understand and generate insights from this data and, how to transform data into meaningful information.
- Overview of “data”
- Learn to use and familiarise yourself with a simple dataset and prepare for uses
- Utilise formulas and functions such as IF statements to generate sensible data
- Data presentation and sanitisation
- learn what functions and operations are available to you when you need to sanitise your data and present initial findings.
- Familiarise yourself with multiple presentation techniques and which are appropriate for the task
- Market intelligence
- Use Ratios, Percentage changes,
- Index numbers
- Getting started with PowerBI
- Get started with automations and generating insights using a Microsoft power tool
To qualify for this module, you must be employed in South Yorkshire.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wants to learn and expand their data analytics fundamentals
- Those that have experience in data analytics but not the software now used (PowerBI)
- Those with working knowledge of the above modules but would need a sandbox environment
Should you have any questions about taking this module, please get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org